About JNHT - Development Review Committee
The Development Review Committee is an advisory body of the JNHT. Members are registered architects nominated by the Jamaica Institute of Architects, an engineer nominated by the Jamaica Institute of Engineers. The other members are employees of the Jamaica National Heritage Trust. These officers are the legal officer, an architect, a senior archeologist and the Executive Director. The Chairman of the Committee is a registered architect who is answerable to the Board of Trustees.
The objectives of the Development Review Committee are to ensure that:
- The historical, architectural and archeological integrity of heritage sites, buildings and districts are maintained;
- The preservation and development of our heritage sites proceeds in a systemic and careful manner.
The Development Review Committee achieves its objectives by assessing development applications and making appropriate recommendations to the Board of Trustees.
The members of the Development Review Committee are:
- Peter Francis, Chairman and Architect
- Louise McLeod, Architect
- Tamara Wallace-Bradshaw, Architect
- Gary Walters, Engineer
- Dr. Elizabeth Pigou-Dennis, Historian
- Executive Director, JNHT
- Kadene Campbell, JNHT
- Otmar Melhado JNHT
- Selvenious Walters, JNHT
- Lloyd Wright, JNHT
- Marc Blake, JNHT